Burlington, MA, 2/3/2016
Avid congratulates its customers in the professional video editing community for their outstanding achievements at the 2016 American Cinema Editors (ACE) Eddie Awards held on January 29 in Los Angeles.
Avid® (Nasdaq: AVID) today congratulated its customers in the professional video editing community for their outstanding achievements at the 2016 American Cinema Editors (ACE) Eddie Awards held on January 29 in Los Angeles. An overwhelming number of award winners and nominees embraced Avid Everywhere™,using the industry’s most proven and trusted video editing software Avid Media Composer®.
Avid customer and editor Margaret Sixel won an Eddie award for Best Edited Feature Film (Dramatic) for Mad Max: Fury Road. “I’m thrilled to have been honored by the American Cinema Editors, and I’m so very proud to have won for Fury Road, an enduring place in the annals of ACE history,” she said. “As Nux the War Boy says in Fury Road, ‘We live, we die! We live again!’’
“We’re honored that the world’s most esteemed editors have embraced Avid Everywhere and continue to trust in the industry’s preeminent editing solution to bring the most compelling stories to our screens,” said Avid Chairman, President and CEO Louis Hernandez Jr. “We congratulate our customers on their impressive achievements, and are honored that our tools helped to empower their remarkable creativity that the ACE membership recognized.”
Eddie Award nominees relied on Media Composer to create:
- Best Edited Feature Film (Dramatic):
- Mad Max: Fury Road (Margaret Sixel) - WINNER
- The Martian (Pietro Scalia, ACE)
- The Revenant (Stephen Mirrione, ACE)
- Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Maryann Brandon, ACE & Mary Jo Markey, ACE)
- Best Edited Feature Film (Comedy or Musical):
- Ant-Man (Dan Lebental, ACE & Colby Parker, Jr., ACE)
- Joy (Jay Cassidy, ACE, Alan Baumgarten, ACE, Christopher Tellefsen, ACE & Tom Cross, ACE)
- Best Edited One-Hour Series For Commercial Television:
- Better Call Saul: "Five-O" (Kelley Dixon, ACE)
- Better Call Saul: “Uno” (Skip Macdonald, ACE)
- Best Edited One-Hour Series For Non-Commercial Television
- Game of Thrones: “The Dance of Dragons” (Katie Weiland)
- Game of Thrones: “Hardhome” (Tim Porter)
Avid delivers the most open and efficient media platform, connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution, and consumption. Avid’s preeminent customer community uses Avid’s comprehensive tools and workflow solutions to create, distribute and monetize the most watched, loved and listened to media in the world—from prestigious and award-winning feature films to popular television shows, news programs and televised sporting events, and celebrated music recordings and live concerts. With the most flexible deployment and pricing options, Avid’s industry-leading solutions include Media Composer®, Pro Tools®, Avid NEXIS®, MediaCentral®, iNEWS®, AirSpeed®, Sibelius®, Avid VENUE™, FastServe®, and Maestro™. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, or subscribe to Avid Blogs.
© 2020 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, Avid NEXIS, FastServe, AirSpeed, iNEWS, Maestro, MediaCentral, Media Composer, Pro Tools, Avid VENUE, and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice.