AES (Booth #303), LOS ANGELES, 9/30/2016
New Avid audio interface gives audio professionals detailed sound quality and flexible monitoring, I/O and routing to facilitate creativity and improve efficiency
Avid® (Nasdaq: AVID) today introduced Pro Tools® | MTRX, a versatile new audio interface for Pro Tools | HDX and HD Native. Developed by Digital Audio Denmark for Avid, Pro Tools | MTRX gives Pro Tools users the superior sonic quality of DAD’s legendary AD and DA converters—along with incredibly flexible monitoring, I/O, and routing capabilities—all in one powerful unit. Powered by the MediaCentral® Platform, it integrates seamlessly with Pro Tools | S6 and Pro Tools | S3 control surfaces.
“The new Pro Tools | MTRX gives audio professionals amazing sonic quality and the power to customize the interface, giving them the control and flexiblility they need to create high-quality content,” said Tim Carroll, VP Product Management, audio at Avid. “Through Avid Everywhere™, we’re continuing to deliver powerful new solutions to help audio professionals deliver the most demanding audio post and pro mixing projects.”
Pro Tools | MTRX will enable users to:
- Gain extended monitor control and flexible routing with Pro Tools | S6, S3, and other EUCON surfaces
- Use the converter as a high-performance 64-channel Pro Tools | HD interface
- Connect and route their entire studio through AES3, MADI, Dante, and/or SDI I/O (MADI, Dante and SDI I/O option cards sold separately)
- Add high-quality mic preamps as an option and remotely control them from Pro Tools
- Customize Pro Tools | MTRX to their needs through eight available 8-channel card slots
- Keep everything in sync through Word Clock, AES11, Video, and all digital I/O
- Get automatic sample rate conversion on AES inputs
Pro Tools | MTRX will be available in Q4 2016. For more information visit www.avid.com.
© 2021 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, Avid NEXIS, FastServe, AirSpeed, iNEWS, Maestro, MediaCentral, Media Composer, Pro Tools, Avid VENUE, and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice.
Dolby Atmos is a registered trademark of Dolby Laboratories.