IBC (Hall 7, Booth #J20), AMSTERDAM, 9/15/2017
New Avid cloud offerings and certified solutions for Azure deliver on Avid’s promise to help media professionals navigate the media cloud era with unprecedented workflow efficiency and flexibility
Avid® (Nasdaq: AVID), a leading global media technology provider for the creation, distribution, and monetization of media assets for global media organizations, enterprise users, and individual creative professionals, today announced new cloud offerings and new solutions certified to run on Microsoft Azure that will enable media production organizations and professionals to work with greater efficiency and collaboration, and prepare them for the future of the media cloud era.
“At NAB 2017, we unveiled our vision for bringing Avid into the cloud along with a comprehensive partnership with Microsoft as our preferred cloud provider,” said Dana Ruzicka, Vice President and Chief Product Officer, Avid. “Since then, the reaction from our customers has been overwhelmingly positive. This really is the beginning of the cloud era for our industry. We’re excited to help our clients successfully navigate their own journey to the cloud, with the first of many new cloud offerings from Avid launching today at IBC. Whether customers choose to deploy in the data center or the public cloud, Avid’s unique platform approach delivers unparalleled workflow efficiency and flexibility across the entire spectrum of media production.”
Avid’s new cloud-based apps and service offerings announced at IBC 2017 include:
- MediaCentral® | Cloud UX: For teams of two to teams of thousands, the completely redesigned MediaCentral | Cloud UX (user experience) is an easy-to-use and task-oriented graphical user interface that runs on virtually any operating system or mobile device, and is available to everyone connected to the platform. Team members can easily collaborate with each other from wherever they are—in the same building, across town, or even on a different continent.
- MediaCentral | Panel for Media Composer®: Provides an integrated MediaCentral | Cloud UX panel within the Media Composer user interface, enabling users to drag and drop content from MediaCentral directly into any Media Composer project, bin, or sequence.
- Media Composer | Cloud VM: Enables anyone in a facility to access Media Composer software virtually using a lightweight workstation, laptop, or tablet with a high-speed network connection. Media Composer | Cloud VM provides the full Media Composer editing experience to multiple clients from a single server on premises.
- Media Composer | Cloud Remote: Enables users running Media Composer on their workstation or laptop to mix local and remote content in the same timeline—no matter where they are located. Media Composer | Cloud Remote provides users the best of both worlds—access to browse and stream any content from MediaCentral into Media Composer, as well as access to media that is stored locally. Local content can be automatically uploaded to MediaCentral in the background so publishing the finished program is virtually instantaneous.
- Sibelius® | Cloud Sharing: A groundbreaking service that enables composers to share music scores to their own personal cloud space, embed scores in a webpage, and invite anyone to flip through pages and play compositions using any computer, laptop, or mobile device. Sibelius | Cloud Sharing is ideal for previewing and reviewing musical works in the studio, in the classroom, or on a stage.
Following on the historic partnership announcement earlier in 2017, Avid and Microsoft are showcasing a series of tangible, valuable results by making the industry’s most open, tightly integrated platform for media available in the cloud with flexible licensing and deployment options:
- MediaCentral Archive for Azure: Now certified to run on Microsoft Azure, the MediaCentral-based media asset management system can be configured to deliver cloud based archive for news and post-production teams, managing the entire content lifecycle, with easy asset browsing and retrieval across multiple tiers of storage for reuse or repurposing.
- MediaCentral Newsroom for Azure: Now certified to run on Microsoft Azure, the MediaCentral-based newsroom system can be configured to deliver complete story creation and rundown management in the cloud for news teams, providing improved workflow efficiency and speed to break news across multiple broadcast and digital outlets.
- Avid Cloud Collaboration for Pro Tools®, Pro Tools | HD, and Pro Tools | First: This innovative cloud-powered service enables artists to easily share tracks and work on projects with anyone, anywhere—and is now offered as an as-a-service offering hosted on Microsoft Azure.
Avid is demonstrating integrated Microsoft Cognitive Services at IBC 2017 (Hall 7, Booth #J20) that apply the latest machine-learning algorithms to content libraries, automatically indexing content to extract streams of time-based metadata. This integration allows for highly complex searches to be executed in seconds, enabling faster content discovery for any MediaCentral user.
To learn more about new Avid cloud service offerings, please visit http://avid-stage.avid.com/avid-everywhere.
Avid delivers the most open and efficient media platform, connecting content creation with collaboration, asset protection, distribution, and consumption. Avid’s preeminent customer community uses Avid’s comprehensive tools and workflow solutions to create, distribute and monetize the most watched, loved and listened to media in the world—from prestigious and award-winning feature films to popular television shows, news programs and televised sporting events, and celebrated music recordings and live concerts. With the most flexible deployment and pricing options, Avid’s industry-leading solutions include Media Composer®, Pro Tools®, Avid NEXIS®, MediaCentral®, iNEWS®, AirSpeed®, Sibelius®, Avid VENUE™, FastServe®, and Maestro™. For more information about Avid solutions and services, visit www.avid.com, connect with Avid on Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, YouTube, LinkedIn, or subscribe to Avid Blogs.
© 2021 Avid Technology, Inc. All rights reserved. Avid, the Avid logo, Avid NEXIS, FastServe, AirSpeed, iNEWS, Maestro, MediaCentral, Media Composer, Pro Tools, Avid VENUE, and Sibelius are trademarks or registered trademarks of Avid Technology, Inc. or its subsidiaries in the United States and/or other countries. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners. Product features, specifications, system requirements and availability are subject to change without notice.
Dolby Atmos is a registered trademark of Dolby Laboratories.