Customize MTRX with the I/O you need
Pro Tools | MTRX comes with built-in MADI, DigiLink, and AES3 I/O, but is also fully modular, enabling you to configure all eight of its card slots to connect your gear as you see fit. From analog inputs, outputs, and high-quality mic pres, to Dante, MADI, DigiLink, AES3, and more, you have the versatility you need to support any artist, band, ensemble, or workflow, and the flexibility to route any signal between the various I/O formats.
Mix and match up to eight cards to support your workflow
- Start with a completely empty MTRX chassis and load it with all the connections you need
- Add eight analog inputs with mic preamps with the Pro Tools | MTRX 8 Mic/Line Pristine AD Card
- Add eight channels of line-level analog outputs with the Pro Tools | MTRX 8 Pristine DA Output
- Add 64 more channels of DigiLink I/O (per card) with the Pro Tools | MTRX DigiLink I/O Card, up to a maximum 448 DigiLink channels in a single MTRX with six cards
- And more—see what’s available to customize MTRX for your own unique workflows
MTRX base unit
Pro Tools | MTRX comes empty, enabling you to fully customize the I/O for your needs.
Stereo music mixing
Mix and match analog and digital option cards to meet your I/O and monitoring needs.
Connect all of your gear and record pristine-quality sound with a single MTRX interface.
Connect to any Dante network
With Pro Tools | MTRX, you can connect your Pro Tools | HDX or HD Native system to any Dante network—the industry’s preferred audio-over-IP solution. Not only is Ethernet economical—especially where long cable runs are required—it allows for a more versatile workflow that leverages your facility’s Ethernet infrastructure to route audio between rooms and devices.
Send and receive multiple channels of audio over Dante
- Configure a single MTRX with up to 1,088 Dante audio channels to distribute audio over IP
- Easily integrate Dante-enabled devices into your Pro Tools workflow—no matter the manufacturer
- Set up and route cue mixes to Dante-enabled headphone amps for convenient personal monitoring
- Route audio to and from any connected Dante device in your studio with the flexible digital patchbay using the included DADman software
Get unparalleled sound quality and clarity
Developed in partnership with Digital Audio Denmark (DAD), Pro Tools | MTRX delivers the cleanest, most transparent, and highly detailed AD and DA conversion of any audio interface. This enables you to capture vocals and acoustic instruments without any coloring—exactly as the sources sound—and then monitor your music mix in all its sonic glory through the highest quality audio converters in the industry.
Record and mix music in the best sound quality possible
- Achieve impeccable sound transparency with AD/DA converters that support sample rates up to 384 kHz PCM and DSD
- Capture pristine-quality sound through ultra-low-noise mic preamps, high-precision clock circuitry, and low jitter
- Hear every sonic nuance of your music with 128 dB of dynamic range and less than -120 dB harmonic distortion
- Calibrate and fine-tune your room for optimal monitoring—no matter the format—with the Pro Tools | MTRX SPQ Card
Streamline your studio
With its scalable and versatile connectivity, routing, and monitoring capabilities, Pro Tools | MTRX will quickly become the centerpiece of your music studio. Not only does it expand the capabilities of your existing Pro Tools | HDX or HD Native system, it enables you to consolidate other single-format I/O and monitor interfaces taking up valuable space in your racks. Add one or more DigiLink I/O Cards and you can even route one or more multi-card HDX systems to a single MTRX interface.
Simplify your workflow with a single solution
- Consolidate multiple audio I/O racks and monitor interfaces with a single Pro Tools | MTRX interface
- Route audio to and from any connected device and between I/O formats in your studio with the flexible digital patchbay
- Connect multi-card HDX systems to a single MTRX with the DigiLink I/O Card to work with the largest ensembles and highest channel counts
- Use Pro Tools | MTRX as a standalone (persistent) mixer to sum stems and sources to monitor outputs
Take remote control of sources and monitoring with EUCON
With the included DADman software, you can remotely control up to 48 mic pres and all monitoring directly from Pro Tools Ultimate, Avid S6, and other EUCON-enabled control surfaces. Pro Tools | MTRX also includes sophisticated software that puts complete monitoring, talkback, summing, and fold-down control at your fingertips, whether you’re mixing in stereo, surround, or Dolby Atmos immersive audio.
Take hands-on control of your monitoring and routing
- Take remote control of all sources and speaker sets with S6, Avid Pro Mixing, and other EUCON-enabled control surfaces
- Control multiple Pro Tools | MTRX interfaces and route between different formats from one workstation to tackle the largest projects
- Easily customize and manage cue mixes and monitor profiles that complement the unique ways you like to work