Avid’s MediaCentral | Production Management solution serves as the asset management backbone of post-production and broadcast operations around the world. Its flexibility and adaptability to a broad range of workflows are a key advantage, but also demand a deep understanding of hardware and software system components for effective system configuration and support.
The Avid Certified | Support Representative (ACSR) for MediaCentral |Production Management certification is designed to verify the knowledge and skills required to install, maintain, troubleshoot, administer, and support the production management solution. It is recommended for technical support staff and managers, installers, and system administrators who work with MediaCentral | Production Management and, like all Avid user and technical certifications, it is recognized by top post-production, movie, television, and broadcast facilities worldwide. As an ACSR, you become the front line of defense in keeping the facility running smoothly.
The ACSR for MediaCentral |Production Management certification provides:
- Industry recognition of proven expertise as a technical professional who understands how to install, configure, troubleshoot, and support Avid MediaCentral | Production Management systems
- A certification-specific digital badge and credential easily managed and shared on social media and on marketing materials to differentiate yourself and your organization
- Entry in Avid's online certification directory accessible via the Find a Certified Professional online listing, as well as a printable certificate of achievement
- Access to the worldwide community of Avid Certified Support Representatives for peer-to-peer communication, and prioritized access to Avid's Customer Care team
Successful candidates will have extensive experience with Avid MediaCentral | Production Management systems. Although not required, Avid strongly recommends that candidates complete the following courses before the certification exam:
This course takes a blended learning approach, with online learning prior to attending a virtual ‘hands-on’ workshop. The extensive hands-on training helps candidates build the knowledge and skills required to pass the certification exam. Participants will learn to setup, install, troubleshoot and configure the core components of a MediaCentral | Production Management system and test a typical workflow.
Avid further recommends that you first complete one or more of the following certifications:
- Avid Certified | Support Representative, Media Composer
- Avid Certified | Support Representative, Avid NEXIS
- Avid Certified | System Administrator, MediaCentral Production Management
The following certification exam study guide is available to help you assess your readiness to take the exam:
Achieving certification as an ACSR for MediaCentral | Production Management is a step on the path towards:
In addition to ACSRs recommended above (in Preparation section), the additional certification on that path is:
What else can I do to prepare for this certification?
Avid recommends having one-year experience as a System Administrator for a deployed MediaCentral | Production Management system. Candidates also need a strong understanding of networking principles and protocols. A Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) or Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) certification is suggested.
For further questions on the cost, schedule, and maintenance of your certification, please see: