Avid's ICON digital console has become the top choice of discerning professionals, and opens new worlds of efficiency and creativity. The ICON Mixer certification course explores its full range of features, and how you can use them to make better mixes. The ICON course culminates in an online and hands-on exam-letting you show the world that you've become an ICON expert!
Becoming a Certified ICON Mixer demonstrates your invaluable insight and knowledge of ICON, the D-Control Worksurface, and its integration with Pro Tools.
Attaining expert-level ICON Mixer certification demonstrates that you have completed three days of ICON training and passed the rigid multi-hour hands-on certification exam.
How do I become a certified ICON Mixer?
- Complete all ICON 100- and 200-level courses, course projects, and exercises at an official Avid Authorized Training Partner
- Pass each course completion exam at an official Avid Authorized Training Partner
- Pass the final Pro Tools Operator certification exam at an official Avid Authorized Training Partner
- Complete the Pro Tools 310I course, course projects, and exercises at an official Avid Authorized Training Partner
- Pass the Pro Tools 310I course completion exam at an official Avid Authorized Training Partner
- Pass the final ICON Mixer certification exam at an official Avid Authorized Training Partner
Where can I take the PT310I Advanced ICON Mixing Techniques course?
The PT310I Advanced ICON Mixing Techniques course is available through:
- Select Avid Certified Training Locations
- Select Authorized Pro Schools
- Avid Headquarter Locations (Daly City, CA, USA; Pinewood, UK)
- Onsite Training (subject to additional instructor expenses)
Can I specialize in certain areas for certification?
Yes. You can specialize your ICON mixing certification for music or post production.
What is the duration of the certification?
ICON Mixer certification does not have a fixed duration.
How to take exam?
ICON certification is attained through a hand's-on exam and evaluation. Prior to taking the exam, students must take an ICON Overview course with hands-on D-Control training and complete three days of advanced ICON training from Avid or an Authorized Training Partner.