Suggested length: 24 hours
The Maestro | Live Basics (ML101) course teaches students to manage, distribute, and play out high-resolution, real-time broadcast graphics, and videos easily and efficiently. It covers the entire broadcast workflow, starting from the graphics creation process and finishing with the final graphics templates ready for air.
The first lesson covers the basics of Maestro | Designer which is used to design the look and feel of the graphics. The following lessons cover using Maestro | Live to create productions that can control any type of graphics. Here you’ll learn about creating connections to external data sources and complex logic using conditional playout. This course uses real-world broadcast graphics and videos to give the students real broadcast-production environment experience.
At the end of each day, the students will participate in a hands-on summary exercise designed to simulate a real broadcast production.
The course is intended for broadcast studio designers and operators who are tasked in preparing Maestro | Live Production logic for use during the broadcast.
- Working knowledge of the broadcast workflow
- Basic user knowledge and some experience in Maestro | Designer
- Basic understanding of Excel files, SQL DB
After this course attendees will be able to:
- Create Maestro | Live productions, which are used by broadcast operators during broadcast to control Maestro | Designer scenes
- Set up graphics templates to efficiently control the animations and populate them with updated text, data, images, etc. obtained from different DB sources