The NX423 is a blended class in which participants complete 7 hours of self-paced e-learning, followed by 16 hours of Live online or classroom Instructor-Led Training.
In the ACSR Avid NEXIS System Support (NX423) course students focus on the installation, administration, and architecture of the Avid NEXIS system, learning to connect, configure, and troubleshoot the system. Lab work and exercises give students practical experience in integrating systems and applying troubleshooting techniques.
This course prepares candidates for the Avid Certified Support Representative for Avid NEXIS certification exam.
Course attendees must have completed the online content prior to attending the classroom training.
This course is designed for:
- System Administrators responsible for the day-to-day operation and administration of an Avid NEXIS system
- Front-line maintenance personnel and Engineers
- Facility or freelance technicians responsible for large Avid NEXIS/MediaCentral | Production Management workgroup environments in a broadcast facility
- ACSR candidates
The following are highly recommended:
- Identify and understand Avid NEXIS hardware components
- Install and configure Avid NEXIS hardware and software
- Describe Avid NEXIS system architecture
- Use the Avid NEXIS Management Console
- Create and manage Storage Groups
- Create and manage Workspaces
- Create and administer User accounts
- Understand network fundamentals
- Describe Avid NEXIS Network topologies
- Understand Avid NEXIS configuration and performance
- Understand the use of external switches
- Perform basic Avid NEXIS troubleshooting and maintenance
- Be ready to sit the ACSR Avid NEXIS System Support certification exam