In the Avid NEXIS & Interplay | Production for Administrators (WG357) course, students will explore the architecture, administration, and maintenance of an Avid NEXIS system along with the administration of Avid Interplay, including the Interplay Engine and Interplay database. Additional topics include database customization, backups, deletion strategies, daily and weekly maintenance and Media Indexer. Connecting editor workstations to the Interplay system is also covered.
This course is designed for:
- Maintenance personnel and Engineers
- Facility or freelance technicians responsible for Avid NEXIS/Interplay workgroup environments in a broadcast facility
Basic experience of Microsoft Windows systems, networking, and Avid workgroup topologies.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand Avid NEXIS and Interplay terms and system components
- Use the Avid NEXIS System Director Control Panel and the NEXIS Management Console
- Administer Users, Storage Groups, Workspaces and Devices
- Perform basic Avid NEXIS troubleshooting
- Configure and troubleshoot Interplay Engine and Media Indexer
- Understand Interplay administration and maintenance including protection and deletion strategies
- Connect Avid editing workstations to an Interplay system