Online eLearning of 2 hours
*Online content is available for 90 days from the date access is granted.
Avid Networking Basics (eLearning) (NET111EL) is a 2 hour online eLearning course designed to provide engineers and system administrators an understanding of the essentials concepts of IT networking and how this relates to Avid systems.
The course covers the different types of networks, cables and connectors, as well as an overview and understanding of Ethernet, hardware components, IP addressing, DHCP and DNS, the basics of configuring networking on Windows and MAC Media Composer systems and networking troubleshooting tools.
This course is designed for:
- System Administrators
- Maintenance personnel and Engineers
- Introduce the concepts of IT networking and how it relates to Avid systems
- Provide an overview of the different types of networks
- Outline how hardware components, Ethernet, cables and connectors work
- Explain the basics of IP addressing, DHCP and DNS
- Position the fundamentals of configuring networks and troubleshooting tools
- Provide an understanding of networking in relation to Avid systems as background before progressing onto high level courses