Suggested length: 1 day (two independent 4 hour sessions)
The Avid Interplay for Editors (WG201) course enables editors to gain essential knowledge interacting with the Avid Interplay workgroup environment. This course is designed for new or experienced editors using NewsCutter, Media Composer, or Symphony and the Avid Interplay | Production system. Students will also be shown other Interplay applications which may be part of the workflow, where applicable.
This class is repeated twice in a day to accommodate more students.
This course is designed for Interplay users who use Media Composer, NewsCutter or Symphony. This includes:
- System Administrators
To be successful in this course, students should have prior experience with Avid editing applications.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Connect to Interplay | Production and Avid shared storage.
- Project creation and important Interplay related editor settings
- Use the Interplay window
- Check in and out of Interplay
- Perform clip management and searching
- Use multiple resolutions and understand Dynamic Relink options
- Send to Playback servers and output options
- Link to media and understand the difference between consolidate and transcode
- Have an overview of Interplay | Access