DELIVERY MODE & LENGTH
Virtual Instructor-Led: 39 hours
9 hours of self-paced pre-learning in Avid Learning Central followed by 6 hours of Live online instructor-led training per day, over 5 days.
Daily practical exercises are provided for attendees to complete before each live
session using live cloud-based student labs.
Onsite: 39 hours
9 hours of self-paced pre-learning in Avid Learning Central followed by 30 hours of classroom Instructor-Led Training, over 4 days.
[Request Onsite Training]
Avid Media Composer System Support is designed to provide students with the techniques to install, configure, and troubleshoot Media Composer editing systems to maximize productivity and minimize system downtime. A blend of online self-study, combined with classroom lab work and role-playing, gives students’ practical hands on experience. After completing the course, participants will be able to install and configure Avid Media Composer systems and provide first-line support to the Avid customer base.
This course prepares candidates for the Avid Certified Support Representative: Media Composer certification exam as well as being the foundation of the program for candidates pursuing the full certification path to become an Avid Certified Support Representative: Elite.
This course is designed for:
- Support and maintenance personnel
- IT professionals
- Avid editors who wish to expand their technical expertise
- Completion of the Media Composer Editing Essentials (MC101) course, or equivalent Media Composer experience
- Familiarity with Windows and Macintosh operating systems
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Discuss the evolution of Avid's editing systems
- Understand basic video theory
- Understand Avid native codecs
- Understand a basic Avid network requirements for editing
- Understand the Media Composer Licensing options and configurations
- Identify and configure Mac, PC, and Avid hardware
- Configure and optimize Windows and macOS operating systems
- Device driver installation and configuration
- Install and configure Avid's editing systems
- Integrate Media Composer with shared storage
- Install and configure I/O hardware
- Compare the different capabilities the break out boxes
- Understand and work with the Avid Media File System
- Be capable of identifying, adding and removing additional plug-ins
- Understand and optimize of Media Composer for different workflows and hardware configurations
- Compare capabilities between the editor versions and product lines
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems on Avid Media Composer systems
- Be ready to sit the Avid Certified Support Representative: Media Composer Certification exam