Suggested length: 16 hours
SB110 Sibelius Fundamentals II reviews and builds upon the skills learned in the SB101 Sibelius Fundamentals I course. Introducing many new Sibelius features, the course covers how to create a simple lead sheet, complete with chord symbols, lyrics, repeat barlines, repeat endings, repeat text, and rhythmic slash notation. Additionally, the course introduces more advanced notations and some of Sibelius’ most creative features, which can help you quickly compose, arrange, or rearrange a piece of music.
The SB101 Sibelius Fundamentals I and SB110 Sibelius Fundamentals II courses will prepare candidates for the Avid Certified User for Sibelius certification exam.
This course is designed for Hobbyists, Composers, Arrangers and Publishers.
An understanding of the fundamental concepts of Sibelius as covered within the SB101 Sibelius Fundamentals I course. A basic ability to read music and a clear understanding of musical concepts such as pitches, rhythms, time signatures, key signatures, and tempo is highly recommended.
At the end of this course students will be able to:
- Input Notes Using Every Possible Method
- Work with Multiple Voices
- Transpose Notes and Key Signatures Using theTranspose Feature
- Work with Repeat Text and Symbols
- Create Chord Symbols
- Input Lyrics
- Change Notehead Types
- Create a Lead Sheet
- Hide and Show Objects
- Use the Reduce and Explode feature
- Create and Edit Instrument Changes
- Notate and Map Sound for Drums
- Import MIDI Files
- Use the Worksheet Creator to Locate Worksheets and Standard Repertoire
- Use Transformation Options to Quickly Rearrange Music
- Work with the Ideas Panel
- Layout and Format a Score More Effectively
- Export and Share Scores with Others
Table of contents