I firmly believe that if you want to be an editor, you need to learn Media Composer. It’s a no-brainer.
If you’re a student who dreams of a career making movies or television shows, or a media educator who strives to empower your students to achieve their dreams, we’re here to help.
Editor (John Wick: Chapter 4, Ghostbusters: Afterlife, Plan B )
FOR INDUSTRY CAREERS
Give your students the same tools used by award-winning experts in film and television. Sign your school up for the Avid Learning Affiliate program. It’s FREE. Get free Media Composer for Students licenses and access to training resources to help you prepare and inspire a strong talent pool of storytellers, filmmakers, editors, and journalists.
We couldn’t make the films we make today without Avid. Large dramas and reality television shows, as well as big pictures, are not practical without Avid in most cases.
Jim Ruxin, ACE
Emmy-nominated editor (The Apprentice ) and adjunct associate professor, USC School of Cinematic Arts
Why become an Avid Learning Affiliate?
- Put a Media Composer license in the hands of your students and teachers, regardless of course of study
- Increase student engagement, enrollment, school status, and career placement success
- Obtain comprehensive initial training as part of a clear success plan
- Get access to new Avid Learning Central offerings and content tips
- Join over 1,400 schools and thousands of students worldwide using Avid tools
- It’s totally free!
Avid Media Composer remains the gold standard for professional, dramatic narrative film editors. Serious editing students who want to get out into the industry and become professional editors are smart to learn to use Media Composer.
Award-winning editor (Risky Business, My Favorite Year ) and adjunct professor, ArtCenter College of Design
Join now and enjoy these program perks
- Comprehensive “Getting Started” tutorials, tips, and techniques content, with the option to add certifications through the Avid Learning Partner program
- One complimentary Avid Educator workshop
- A 90-day trial of our award-winning Avid Learning Central eLearning platform
- Access to Avid Learning community forums to network with other educators
Learn more about all of our Avid Learning programs >
Ready to offer free access to Media Composer for Students?
Got questions? We’ve got answers… check out the FAQ >
Avid Learning Partner? You can participate too!
If your school is already an Avid Learning Partner (ALP) or an Avid Media Campus, you can offer free Media Composer licenses to your students and teachers too.
Sign up here >
It’s a no-brainer. The Avid Media Composer for Students program is the grassroots initiative needed throughout academia to lower the barrier, providing easy access to Media Composer for all students who want to explore the possibilities of rewarding, creative careers in the film and broadcast TV industry.
Head of Engineering—Production & Workflows, IMG Studios
WHY YOU SHOULD LEARN
Did you know that almost all of the biggest and most acclaimed movies, TV shows, and documentaries are made with Media Composer? And right now, Avid editors are in higher demand than ever. Lucky for you, you can start your video editing journey using the same tools the pros use—for free. Just ask your school to participate in our free Media Composer for Students program.
Expand your career opportunities. Command a higher salary. And gain the skills you need to work on the projects you really want.
I recommend that someone starting out learn Media Composer. It is the best tool we have and is used by the majority of film and television shows.
Award-winning editor (PEN15, Little Fires Everywhere, Westworld )
What will you gain from this program?
- Get free Media Composer software through your school to start learning real-world media production
- Increase your job opportunities by learning the skills that media and post-production companies seek
- Compete for higher salary jobs as a Media Composer editor, according to PayScale, Inc.
- Get a significant discount on Media Composer | Ultimate to access the full collaborative toolset and additional software, including PhraseFind and ScriptSync
I love to tell people if you learn [Media Composer], you’re going to be in a good place. You’re going to be in a good community of people doing a lot of the professional work out there. That skillset will go a long way.
A.J. Catoline, ACE
Emmy-winning editor (Ted Lasso, Speechless, Brockmire )