DELIVERY MODE & LENGTH
eLearning (Avid Learning Central): 12 hours
Instructor-Led (Private OnSite*): 5 hours
Maestro | Designer Basics is designed to provide the foundation to help broadcast designers and producers get up to speed with the basic features and functionality of Maestro | Designer, Avid’s state-of-the-art, real-time broadcast graphics creation solution. This course gives an in-depth overview of the user interface as well as the overall Avid broadcast workflow ecosystem and will teach you how to create graphic templates used with controller applications during broadcast.
In addition to the recorded lessons, the course provides self-paced hands-on exercises that review creating broadcast graphics templates for a variety of broadcast applications, such as lower 3rds, tickers, stock exchange, election bars, sports stables, and end credits. Downloadable media and graphics templates are provided for students to complete these exercises.
This course is intended for broadcast designers and producers who are interested in producing graphic content (packages) for broadcast production. This course can also benefit controller application users who integrate with Maestro | Designer templates.
- Working knowledge of the broadcast workflow
- Experience in graphics design applications (Photoshop, Adobe After Effects, 3D Authoring software, etc.)
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the overall Maestro | Designer workflow
- Be comfortable with the user interface
- Understand basic features of Maestro | Designer
- Understand how to create a simple project and scene
- Use Maestro | Designer to do basic animations
- Perform simple 2D and 3D text manipulation
- Work with colors, materials and textures
- Create dynamic templates (senses/projects) for broadcast productions
- Create lower 3rds, tickers, stock exchange, election bars, sports stables, and end credits
*The course hours for the private onsite classes are shown as a suggested recommendation. Avid will work with you directly to customize courses to meet your specific needs and Avid workflows.