Suggested length: 8 hours
The Sonnox Elite Plugins Fundamentals (SO110) course introduces an in-depth look into the most popular plugins from Sonnox giving the highest level of technical insight required to competently use all seven plugins in the collection.
This course covers Sonnox Elite Plugins concepts and techniques, aimed at helping the user to become proficient with Sonnox plugin software. Students learn to adjust the plugins, designed for commercial purposes and improve the results of their recording, editing, and mixing efforts. The hands-on exercises provide experience setting up plugins, working with Pro Tools sessions typically for music and post-production applications.
This course provides the training required to prepare for the Avid Certified User: Sonnox Elite certification exam.
This course is designed for:
- Audio Engineers
- Sound Editors for Film or Television
- Completion of the Pro Tools Fundamentals I (PT101) course, or equivalent experience
- Ability to create sessions, select appropriate session parameters, recall memory locations, navigate tracks and media, use plugins for signal processing, and create a basic mix
At the end of this course you will be able to:
- Use the parametric EQ, and the different EQ types in the Oxford EQ
- Understand the constituent functions of the Dynamics: Gate, Expander, Compressor and Limiter, and associated features such as the side-chain EQ, dither and warmth
- Apply the effect of increasing/decreasing harmonics on a mix and on a single audio track
- Modify waveform transients, and the effects resulting from enhancing or reducing the attack of sound sources
- Control loudness, limit signal peaks, and differentiate between intersample peaks and true peak detection
- Distinguish the different reverb types, room ambience and long reverbs, as well as the EQ effect on them
- Understand the behaviour of the SuprEsser as a single band dynamic EQ, but also as a regular compressor or as a bass enhancer
- Be ready to sit the associated certification exam