The Avid Certified | Support Representative (ACSR) for Media Composer certification is designed for individuals working in a video editing environment running Media Composer systems. Whether you want to be certified yourself, or certify your employees, this certification offers real value and significant benefits. Like all Avid user and technical certifications, it is recognized by top post-production, movie, television, and broadcast facilities worldwide and serves as validation of a person’s skills to get the job done.
The ACSR for Media Composer certification demonstrates that you have the technical and operational skills needed to install, manage, support and troubleshoot Avid Media Composer editing systems in any configuration, and on both Macintosh and Windows operating systems. As an ACSR, you become the front line of defense and support in keeping the facility running smoothly.
The ACSR for Media Composer certification provides:
- Industry recognition of proven expertise as a technical professional who understands how to install, configure, troubleshoot, and support Media Composer systems
- A certification-specific digital badge and credential easily managed and shared on social media and on marketing materials to differentiate yourself and your organization
- Entry in Avid's online certification directory accessible via the Find a Certified Professional, as well as a printable certificate of achievement
- Access to the worldwide community of Avid Certified Support Representatives for peer-to-peer communication, and prioritized access to Avid's Customer Care team
Successful candidates will have extensive experience on Media Composer. Although not required, Avid strongly recommends that candidates attend the following courses before the certification exam:
A foundational course covering how to edit on Media Composer.
This course takes a blended learning approach, with online learning prior to attending a virtual ‘hands-on’ workshop. The workshop includes setup, installation, and configuration of the components of Media Composer systems and tests typical troubleshooting workflows.
The following certification exam study guide is available to help you assess your readiness to take the exam:
Achieving certification as an ACSR for Media Composer puts you on the path towards Elite status:
The additional certifications on that path are:
- Avid Certified | Support Representative, Avid NEXIS
- Avid Certified | Support Representative, MediaCentral Production Management
- Avid Certified | Support Representative, MediaCentral Cloud UX
I’m an engineer not an editor. What level of editing skill is required?
ACSR for Media Composer is a technical support certification for engineers and technicians who support and maintain Avid systems. However, familiarity with the Avid interface is essential for troubleshooting purposes. Any operational questions fall within the domain of troubleshooting. For example, it is assumed that you understand the location and use of project bins, program and user settings, etc.
For further questions on the cost, schedule, and maintenance of your certification, please see:
ToolsFind a Course
Find a Learning Partner
Find a Certified Professional
Contact Avid Learning
For any questions, please email: