The Avid Certified Expert: Pro Tools | S6 certification is the highest level of Avid Pro Tools certification for control surface operation, validating an individual's ability to fully harness the functionality that the Pro Tools | S6 control surface provides.
To attain the certification, an individual must demonstrate they have the professional skills required to master a Pro Tools | S6 control surface. From production techniques and workflow principles, system configuration through to editing, advanced mixing and automation techniques are all essential when working in a professional production environment.
Candidates wishing to take this certification exam must have firstly passed the Avid Certified User: Pro Tools certification exam, as well as either the Avid Certified Operator: Pro Tools | Music or Avid Certified Operator: Pro Tools | Post certification exam.
Once completed, then candidates are ready to enroll in the PT301 | S6 Essentials Pro Tools | S6 Mixing Techniques followed by the PT310 | S6 Advanced Pro Tools | S6 Mixing Workflows instructor-led courses with an Avid Learning Partner, before sitting the Avid Certified Expert: Pro Tools | S6 certification exam.
An Avid Certified Expert: Pro Tools | S6 certification provides:
- Industry recognition of proven expertise as a user who has reached the highest level and can operate a Pro Tools | S6 control surface in a professional, fast-paced production environment
- A certification logo to add to marketing materials, websites, business cards and your resume
- Differentiation from your competitors when applying for audio engineering roles at commercial production facilities
- Entry in Avid's Certification Registry accessible via the Find a Certified Professional online listing, as well as a Certificate of Achievement
Are there any prerequisites?
Yes. You must first earn the credentials of Avid Certified User: Pro Tools and either Avid Certified Operator: Pro Tools | Music or Post to be eligible to enroll in the class and sit the certification exam for Avid Certified Expert: Pro Tools | S6.
How do I become an Avid Certified Expert: Pro Tools | S6
To certify, you must complete the course, the PT301 | S6 Essential Pro Tools | S6 Mixing Techniques followed by the PT310 | S6 Advanced Pro Tools | S6 Mixing Workflows courses at an official Avid Learning Partner, then pass the course completion exams.
What will I receive if I successfully pass the exam?
Along with pride and confidence of becoming a part of an elite group of Certified Pro Tools Experts, you will receive:
- Official certificate available for printing or download, proving your Avid Certified Expert status
- Downloadable Logos, for use in your business marketing materials such as business cards and websites
- (Optional with your express consent) Listing of your credentials on Avid.com under Find a Certified Professional
How long is certification good for?
Your Pro Tools certification does not expire. You become certified for a particular version of Pro Tools software and/or Pro Tools | S6 software. Avid Certified Experts have an option to update their certification to a newer version by taking a recertification update exam. Contact your local Avid Learning Partner for more information.
How much does certification cost?
All prices, including the cost of the exam and the recommended courses, are set according to currency values in specific countries and regions. Please visit the Training Contact page for your region's contact details.
Where do I take the course and exam?
Training and certification are available through the global network of Avid Learning Partners. Details can be found via Find an Avid Learning Partner.
ToolsFind a Course
Find a Learning Partner
Find a Certified Professional
Contact Avid Learning
For any questions, please email: