The Avid User Certification for Avid VENUE | S6L prepares individuals to operate a VENUE | S6L system in a live sound environment. Requirements for User certification include taking the VE110S6L Avid VENUE Fundamentals course and the associated exam.
Having User certification from Avid just might help you land that next gig, find others with similar skills and interests, or even obtain your dream job in the industry.
The Avid Certified User: Avid VENUE | S6L certification is the foundation and prerequisite for the Avid Certified Professional: Avid VENUE | S6L certification.
The Avid Certified User: Avid VENUE | S6L credential provides immediate industry recognition of proven expertise. By holding an Avid VENUE | S6L User certification, you demonstrate that you have a clear understanding of one of the most advanced professional consoles in the industry. Specifically, that you can:
- Configure an Avid VENUE | S6L system, including the control surface, engine, stage racks and add on cards.
- Navigate and operate the VENUE | S6L software
- Manage Show files
- Navigate the work surface commands and controls
- Adjust on board processing to inputs and outputs both on screen and on the work surface
- Utilize AAX DSP plugins
- Use Pro Tools with the S6L for multi-track recording and playback.
Additionally, with your approval you will appear in Avid's searchable online Certification Directory.
Q-01: Do I need to be Pro Tools Certified to become Avid VENUE | S6L Certified?
A-01: No. However, Avid VENUE | S6L offers the most streamlined, reliable, and economical approach to integrating Pro Tools' multitrack recording and playback into a live production environment, so a dual certification can be beneficial. With a MacBook Pro or Mac Pro attached to your S6L system with Pro Tools | HD software running, you will have the ability (based on your Mac’s capability) to record up to 128 channels over AVB using a simple Cat 5e connection between your Mac and the Avid VENUE | S6L.
Q-02: How do I become certified as an Avid Certified User for Avid VENUE S6L?
A-02: One course is required:
To certify, you must complete this course including course projects/exercises at an official Avid Learning Partner, then pass the certification exam.
Q-03: Can I refer to study materials during each exam?
A-03: No. Students are not allowed to reference any documentation or study materials during the exam.
Q-04: What is the format of each exam?
A-04: Each Avid VENUE | S6L course exam is comprised of 50 questions and is directly tied to the content of the respective course. The time allotted to complete each exam is 60 minutes.
Test items are presented in the following formats:
- Multiple Choice: Select the single option that best answers the question
- Illustration Review: Refer to the illustration (e.g. Avid VENUE S6L interface) prior to answering the multiple choice question
- Illustration Response: Select the single image that best answers the question
Q-05: What happens if I take the exam and do not pass?
A-05: Exam results are shown immediately when an exam is completed and submitted for evaluation. Unless a student is banned from retaking the exams for reasons of fraud or rule violations, the following retake policy applies:
- If a student does not pass an exam, the candidate may retake the exam after 24 hours have passed
- Once a student has passed an exam, it may not be taken again for that version of the Avid product
Q-06: What will I receive if I successfully pass the exam?
A-06: Along with pride and confidence of becoming a part of an elite group of Avid VENUE | S6L users, you will receive:
- Official certificate available for printing or download, proving your Avid Certified User status.
- Downloadable Logos, for use in your business marketing materials such as business cards and websites.
- (Optional with your express consent) Listing of your credentials on Avid.com under Find a Certified Professional.
A-07: Your Avid VENUE | S6L certification does not expire. You become certified for a particular version of Avid VENUE | S6L software. You may find it beneficial to update your certification to the current version from time to time. Contact your local Avid Learning Partner for more information.