The Avid Certified User: Media Composer | NewsCutter Option certification is designed for journalists working in a broadcast news environment. Successful achievement of the certification is a declaration that the holder is equipped to utilize Avid editing technology to a professional standard in a modern newsroom environment.
Candidates for the certification must attend the News Editing with Media Composer (NC120) course, the exam being delivered at the end of the course.
Attaining the certification demonstrates an understanding of the fundamentals of video editing for news using the Avid Media Composer Editing System, with News Option. It also validates a basic understanding of non-linear editing and typical broadcast editing workflows. The certification requires knowledge of broader newsroom operations and integration with Avid ISIS shared media storage, Avid Interplay, live studio output devices and the iNEWS Newsroom Computer System.
Avid Certified User: Media Composer | NewsCutter Option certification demonstrates an ability to import and package media into common news formats, including reporter voiced packages and an understanding of Media Management in both stand-alone and shared storage configurations. It also highlights the capability to manipulate audio to broadcast standards, add basic effects and titles to an edited item and the skills to refine and polish work before sending completed items to the playout destination.
An Avid Certified User: Media Composer | NewsCutter Option certification provides:
- Industry recognition of proven expertise as a user of the Avid Media Composer Editing system with News to a professional standard in a modern newsroom environment
- A certification logo to add to marketing materials, websites, business cards and your resume
- Differentiation from others when applying for work within a broadcast news environment
- Entry in Avid's Certification Registry accessible via the Find a Certified Professional online listing, as well as a Certificate of Achievement
How do I become an Avid Certified User: Media Composer | NewsCutter Option
To certify you must complete the course NC120 News Editing with Media Composer and then pass the certification exam.
What will I receive if I successfully pass the exam?
Along with pride and confidence of becoming a part of an elite group of Avid Certified Users, you will receive:
1. Official certificate available for printing or download, proving your Avid Certified User status.
2. Downloadable Logos, for use in your business marketing materials such as business cards and websites.
3. (Optional with your express consent) Listing of your credentials on Avid.com under Find a Certified Professional.
How long is certification good for?
Your certification does not expire. You become certified for a particular version of Media Composer | NewsCutter Option software. Avid Certified Users have an option to update their certification to a newer version by taking the latest certification exam.
How much does certification cost?
All prices, including the cost of the exam and the recommended courses, are set according to currency values in specific countries and regions. Please visit the Avid Education page for your region's contact details.
Where do I take the course and exam?
Training and certification are available through the global network of Avid Learning Partners. Details can be found via Find an Avid Learning Partner.
ToolsFind a Course
Find a Learning Partner
Find a Certified Professional
Contact Avid Learning
For any questions, please email: