An Avid Certified Operator in Avid VENUE is in the driver's seat of a state-of-the-art live sound production environment that delivers studio-grade sound, unprecedented reliability, powerful performance, and complete ease of use. Avid VENUE certification clearly demonstrates to the live sound industry that you know how to make the most from the widest array of TDM processing in the industry. Avid VENUE is shaping the future of live sound, and you are the director.
The Avid Certified Operator: Avid VENUE credential provides immediate industry recognition of proven expertise. By holding an Avid VENUE Operator's certification, you demonstrate that you have a deep and clear understanding of the widest array of TDM processing in the industry. Specifically that you:
- Understand expanded Avid VENUE systems—how to install option cards in Avid VENUE | Mix Rack System, make Avid VENUE connections, mix engine configurations, and install mix engine cards
- Can operate input section controls, leverage control surface techniques to reset channels and parameters, and use ECx for remote control of Avid VENUE
- Can leverage advanced built-in and TDM processing concepts including advanced plugin management
- Know and can work with advanced mixing concepts including advanced group options; know how to work with Simple and Expert modes and how to use VCAs
- Can operate Avid VENUE's monitor mixing options, including set up and work with Personal Q (PQ) systems
- Have advanced working knowledge and the ability to leverage the power of Snapshots and Events
Additionally, with your approval you will appear in Avid's searchable online Certification Directory.
Q-01: Do I need to be Pro Tools Certified to become Avid VENUE Certified?
A-01: No. However, Avid VENUE offers the most streamlined, reliable, and economical approach to integrating Pro Tools' multitrack recording and playback into a live production environment, so a dual certification can be beneficial. With an HDx or FWx Option Card installed, you can connect a computer running Pro Tools | HD or Pro Tools LE® software to the Avid VENUE system through the card. Then record every single input from the stage-up to 128 tracks with Pro Tools | HD, or up to 24 tracks with Pro Tools LE-without the need for additional interfaces or splits.
Q-02: How do I become a certified as an Avid Certified Professional for Avid VENUE?
A-02: Two courses are required:
To certify, you must complete each course including course projects/exercises at an official Avid Learning Partner, then pass each course completion exam.
Q-03: Can I refer to study materials during each exam?
A-03: No. Students are not allowed to reference any documentation or study materials during the exam.
Q-04: What is the format of each exam?
A-04: Each Avid VENUE course exam is comprised of 50 questions and is directly tied to the content the respective course. The time allotted to complete each exam is 60 minutes.
Test items are presented in the following formats:
- Multiple Choice: Select the single option that best answers the question
- Illustration Review: Refer to the illustration (e.g. Avid VENUE interface) prior to answering the multiple choice question
- Illustration Response: Select the single image that best answers the question
Q-05: What happens if I take the exam and do not pass?
A-05: Exam results are shown immediately when an exam is completed and submitted for evaluation. Unless a student is banned from retaking the exams for reasons of fraud or rule violations, the following retake policy applies:
- If a student does not pass an exam, the candidate may retake the exam after 24 hours have passed
- Once a student has passed an exam, it may not be taken again for that version of the Avid product
Q-06: What will I receive if I successfully pass the exam?
A-06: Along with pride and confidence of becoming a part of an elite group of Avid VENUE users, you will receive:
1. Official certificate available for printing or download, proving your Avid Certified Professional status.
2. Downloadable Logos, for use in your business marketing materials such as business cards and websites.
3. (Optional with your express consent) Listing of your credentials on Avid.com under Find a Certified Professional.
Q-07: How long is certification good for?
A-07: Your Avid VENUE certification does not expire. You become certified for a particular version of Avid VENUE software. You may find it beneficial to update your certification to the current version from time to time. Contact your local Avid Learning Partner for more information.