Streamline your facility I/O with a single interface
Pro Tools | MTRX II not only comes with 64 channels of built-in DigiLink I/O, 256 channels of Dante, and 64 channels of MADI, it’s fully modular to accommodate any ADR, Foley, sound design, re-recording, or mixing session. Configure its eight card slots with all the I/O you need—the same option cards as MTRX, plus a new Thunderbolt™ 3 option—replacing multiple I/O, routing, and monitor control interfaces. Route any signal between the various I/O formats. And connect multiple HDX systems and DAWs together with a single interface.
Add up to eight options to support any project or workflow
Get all the analog I/O and digital connectivity you need with a choice of these option cards and modules you can mix and match together:
- Add eight analog inputs and mic preamps with the 8 Mic/Line Pristine AD Card (with relay-based gain circuits)—supports up to 64 mic/line inputs in a single MTRX II with the full accompaniment of eight 8 Mic/Line AD option cards
- Add two analog inputs and mic preamps with the 2 Mic/Line Pristine AD Card (a great low-cost option for talkback and tracking)
- Add eight channels of line-level analog inputs with the 8 Line Pristine AD Card
- Add eight channels of line-level analog outputs with the 8 Pristine DA Card
- Connect directly to a Mac or PC with the Thunderbolt™ 3 Module, which enables 256 channels of native low-latency I/O to Pro Tools and other DAWs
- Add 64 more channels of DigiLink I/O (per card) with the DigiLink I/O Card—supports up to 576 DigiLink channels in a single MTRX II with the full accompaniment of eight DigiLink option cards
- Add 128 more channels of Dante (per card) with the 128-Channel IP Audio Dante Card, which provides sample rate conversion—supports up to 1,280 Dante channels in a single MTRX II with the full accompaniment of eight Dante option cards
- Add 128 more channels of MADI (per card) with the Dual MADI I/O Card—supports up to 1,088 MADI channels in a single MTRX II with the full accompaniment of eight MADI option cards
- And more—see what else is available to customize MTRX II for your own unique workflows
Independent post production
Mix and match I/O option cards to support any ADR and/or re-recording workflow.
Theatrical post production
Configure MTRX for Dolby Atmos workflows and route audio to multiple Dante and MADI devices.
Get extensive audio routing flexibility
To handle the variety of workflows, gear, formats, and environments post production commands, Pro Tools | MTRX II is the ultimate audio command center. Route, split, and patch audio quickly and extensively using DADman software, with an increased matrix capacity of up to 4,096 x 4,096 cross points. Feed any input to any output, or even send audio to multiple outputs simultaneously, giving you nearly unlimited flexibility and connectivity options.
Send and receive audio to multiple rooms across your facility
- Route audio to different devices and destinations and save/recall settings to handle any type of post workflow
- Switch between 5.1, 7.1, Dolby Atmos, and other production formats in seconds to support multiple delivery
- Send audio to different mixing rooms and stages across your facility, enabling projects to be completed in parallel
- Save valuable production time by creating and saving routing workflows that can be recalled in seconds as needed
Streamline your Dolby Atmos workflow
In conjunction with Pro Tools Ultimate and Pro Tools | HDX, Pro Tools | MTRX II delivers the most comprehensive end-to-end solution for immersive audio, streamlining the entire workflow with less hardware, less complication, and lower costs. Its 512 x 64 summing mixer accommodates a full theatrical Dolby Atmos configuration. Add one or more DigiLink I/O Cards and you can connect a multi-card HDX system—or even a multi-workstation system—to a single MTRX interface. And with the Thunderbolt 3 option, you can route audio to the Dolby Atmos Renderer while maintaining full HDX DSP power.
Simplify Dolby Atmos workflows
- Connect multiple HDX workstations to MTRX II by installing up to eight DigiLink I/O Cards, supporting 576 maximum DigiLink channels
- Simplify integration, as only one interface is needed to achieve the 128-channel immersive audio requirement for connecting to the Dolby Atmos Renderer
- Accommodate a full theatrical Dolby Atmos configuration with the 512 x 64 summing mixer
- Easily route and control all playback sources, stems, Dolby Atmos rendering, and monitoring outputs—across multiple workstations—from a single interface
Connect to any Dante network
With 256 integrated Dante channels, you can connect your Pro Tools | HDX system to any Dante network—the industry’s preferred audio-over-IP solution. Not only is Ethernet economical—especially where long cable runs are required—it allows for a more versatile workflow that leverages your facility’s Ethernet infrastructure to route audio between multiple rooms and devices.
Send and receive multiple channels of audio over Dante
- Configure a single MTRX II with up to 1,280 Dante audio channels to distribute audio over IP
- Easily integrate Dante-enabled devices into your workflow—no matter the manufacturer
- Route audio to and from any connected Dante device in your facility with the flexible digital patchbay using the included DADman software
- Enable multiple audio networks to run on individual clocks and sample rates in a single MTRX with multiple Dante cards
Get unparalleled sound quality and clarity
Building on the MTRX legacy, MTRX II delivers the cleanest, most transparent, and highly detailed AD and DA conversion of any audio interface. This enables you to record ultra-high-quality voiceovers, ADR, and Foley in the studio, as well as capture audio on location, and then monitor your soundtrack mix in all its sonic glory through some of the highest quality audio converters in the industry.
Record and mix audio in the best sound quality possible
- Achieve impeccable sound transparency with AD/DA converters that support sample rates up to 384 kHz PCM and DSD
- Hear every sonic nuance of your soundtrack with 128 dB of dynamic range and less than -120 dB harmonic distortion
- Calibrate and fine-tune your room for optimal monitoring—no matter the format—with built-in SPQ Speaker Processing
- Capture pristine-quality sound through ultra-low-noise mic preamps, high-precision clock circuitry, and low jitter
Take control of MTRX II with EUCON
With the included DADman software, you can remotely control all sources and monitoring directly from Pro Tools Ultimate, Avid S6, and other EUCON-enabled control surfaces. You can also create multiple monitor profiles, making it easy to switch multichannel audio formats for the project at hand, from stereo and 7.1, up to 64-channel Dolby Atmos.
Take hands-on control of your monitoring and routing
- Take remote control of all source inputs, fold-downs, cue mixes, and speaker sets from your Avid or other EUCON-enabled surface
- Experience the easiest, most integrated, and most flexible Dolby Atmos routing and monitoring workflows
- Control multiple interfaces and workstations from one to tackle the largest immersive audio mixes