Streamline your studio with the I/O you need
Pro Tools | MTRX II not only comes with 64 channels of built-in DigiLink I/O, 256 channels of Dante, and 64 channels of MADI, it’s fully modular to accommodate any artist, band, or ensemble. Configure its eight card slots with all the I/O you need—the same option cards as MTRX, plus a new Thunderbolt™ 3 option—replacing multiple I/O, routing, and monitor control interfaces. Even connect multiple HDX systems and DAWs together with a single interface.
Add up to eight options to support any artist, ensemble, or workflow
Get all the analog I/O and digital connectivity you need with a choice of these option cards and modules you can mix and match together:
- Add eight analog inputs and mic preamps with the 8 Mic/Line Pristine AD Card (with relay-based gain circuits)—supports up to 64 mic/line inputs in a single MTRX II with the full accompaniment of eight 8 Mic/Line AD option cards
- Add two analog inputs and mic preamps with the 2 Mic/Line Pristine AD Card (a great low-cost option for talkback and tracking)
- Add eight channels of line-level analog inputs with the 8 Line Pristine AD Card
- Add eight channels of line-level analog outputs with the 8 Pristine DA Card
- Connect directly to a Mac or PC with the Thunderbolt™ 3 Module, which enables 256 channels of native low-latency I/O to Pro Tools and other DAWs
- Add 64 more channels of DigiLink I/O (per card) with the DigiLink I/O Card—supports up to 576 DigiLink channels in a single MTRX II with the full accompaniment of eight DigiLink option cards
- Add 128 more channels of Dante (per card) with the 128-Channel IP Audio Dante Card, which provides sample rate conversion—supports up to 1,280 Dante channels in a single MTRX II with the full accompaniment of eight Dante option cards
- Add 128 more channels of MADI (per card) with the Dual MADI I/O Card—supports up to 1,088 MADI channels in a single MTRX II with the full accompaniment of eight MADI option cards
- And more—see what else is available to customize MTRX II for your own unique workflows
Stereo music mixing
Mix and match analog and digital option cards to meet your I/O and monitoring needs.
Connect all of your gear and record pristine-quality sound with a single MTRX II interface.
Connect to any Dante network
With 256 integrated Dante channels, you can connect your Pro Tools | HDX system to any Dante network—the industry’s preferred audio-over-IP solution. Not only is Ethernet economical—especially where long cable runs are required—it allows for a more versatile workflow that leverages your facility’s Ethernet infrastructure to route audio between multiple rooms and devices.
Send and receive multiple channels of audio over Dante
- Configure a single MTRX II with up to 1,280 Dante audio channels to distribute audio over IP
- Easily integrate Dante-enabled devices into your workflow—no matter the manufacturer
- Set up and route cue mixes to Dante-enabled headphone amps for convenient personal monitoring
- Route audio to and from any connected Dante device in your studio with the flexible digital patchbay using the included DADman software
Get unparalleled sound quality and clarity
Building on the MTRX legacy, MTRX II delivers the cleanest, most transparent, and highly detailed AD and DA conversion of any audio interface. This enables you to capture vocals and acoustic instruments without any coloring—exactly as the sources sound—and then monitor your music mix in all its sonic glory through some of the highest quality audio converters in the industry.
Record and mix music in the best sound quality possible
- Achieve impeccable sound transparency with AD/DA converters that support sample rates up to 384 kHz PCM and DSD
- Capture pristine-quality sound through ultra-low-noise mic preamps, high-precision clock circuitry, and low jitter
- Hear every sonic nuance of your music with 128 dB of dynamic range and less than -120 dB harmonic distortion
- Calibrate and fine-tune your room for optimal monitoring—no matter the format—with built-in SPQ Speaker Processing
Get expanded DAW and Dolby workflows
With the Thunderbolt 3 option, MTRX II can function as a native Pro Tools or other DAW system, enabling up to 256 channels of low-latency I/O to your Mac or PC. Used in conjunction with DigiLink, you can route audio between Pro Tools and other DAWs and applications, opening up new music creation possibilities. And for Pro Tools | HDX users mixing Dolby Atmos music, it enables you to route audio to the Dolby Atmos Renderer while maintaining full use of your DSP cores.
Monitor and route audio in more ways
With its configurable I/O, integrated SPQ Speaker Processing, DADman Pro | Mon for monitor calibration, EUCON-enabled remote control, and the expanded 512 x 64 summing mixer, MTRX II will satisfy all of your monitoring, talkback, and cue mixing needs. And with the increased 4,096 x 4,096 matrix mixer, you can feed any input to any output—or even send audio to multiple outputs simultaneously—giving you nearly unlimited flexibility and connectivity options.
Get extensive monitoring and routing flexibility
- Calibrate your speakers to compensate for their acoustic response in any room, with up to 16 filters per monitor channel
- 1024 filters across 64 channels for room correction, each with adjustable delay and filters, from stereo to multi-stem Dolby Atmos summing
- Take remote control of sources, monitoring, talkback, summing, and fold-down from Avid S6 and other EUCON-enabled control surfaces
- Connect anything to everything with the massive 4,096 x 4,096 matrix router
- Route, split, and patch audio quickly and extensively using the included DADman software