To be able to sit the certification exam candidates must attend the Avid ACSR MediaCentral | Asset Management System Support (MAM470) course.
The certification for MediaCentral | Asset Management is a practical hands-on exam that requires candidates to install a MediaCentral | Asset Management system on two servers and configure it against a pre-installed MediaCentral server, Vantage transcoding system, and SGL FlashNet. Candidates follow installation steps detailed in the Avid ACSR MediaCentral | Asset Management System Support (MAM470) course, including creating users and groups, file shares and directories, and mount points on the MCS. Then they install packages and configure the system for Vantage, FlashNet, and MediaCentral | UX.
After the installation, candidates will perform a system test to verify the installation was successfully completed.
The Avid ACSR MediaCentral | Asset Management certification provides:
- Industry recognition of proven expertise as a technical professional who understands how to install, configure, and support MediaCentral | Asset Management
- Access to the ACSR technical community for peer to peer communication
- A certification logo to add to marketing materials, websites, business cards to differentiate yourself and your organization
- Entry in Avid's Certification Registry accessible via the Find a Certified Professional online listing, as well as a Certificate of Achievement
What are the prerequisites?
The Avid ACSR MediaCentral | Asset Management certification exam is an integral part of the Avid ACSR MediaCentral | Asset Management System Support (MAM470) course. To be able to sit the certification you must attend this course. Prior to attending this course candidates should have the following skills:
- MAM215 MediaCentral | Asset Management System Administration or extensive equivalent experience of MAM 5.x or later
- WG453 ACSR Avid MediaCentral Platform or extensive equivalent experience
Note: Attendees are required to bring their own notebook to the course and have administrative privileges on the notebooks, allowing them to change network adapter settings, host files, and install additional software components.
Where can I take the exam?
The Avid ACSR MediaCentral | Asset Management certification exam is a practical hands-on exam and is offered at selected Avid offices. Contact Avid Education for a list of exam dates and locations.
How much does certification cost?
All prices, including the cost of the exam and the recommended courses, are set according to currency values in specific countries and regions. Contact Avid Education for your local price.
What do I have to do to maintain certification?
Once you have made the investment to become an ACSR, maintaining your Avid Certification enables you to show your skills and capabilities are current, and provides you with access to the wealth of premium level technical content made available to ACSRs. You’ll also be able to participate and benefit from interaction with peers within the global ACSR community. Recertification does not mandate training attendance, but Avid’s blend of classroom and online recertification training make it easier and faster to maintain your ACSR status. Contact your local Avid Education team for the latest details.